If you have ever preached you will remember times when your statements are
remembered by an enthusiast who repeats to you what you said, implying a
meaning. Often not what you meant. I think meaning must be seen to be in
the eye of the beholder with only scant (if that) reference to what was
actually meant. This may be why advertisers surmise that seven or eight
repetitions is needed to elicit the intended response.And why a good
communicator is one who manages to overcome the disconnect more often than
 others. Maybe dicisigns are truths that transcend this problem, a realm of
clarity within the welter of failed communications.

*@stephencrose <https://twitter.com/stephencrose>*