Clark,

There is a deep problem involved with attepts to give any just epistemological explanations of CSP's views on doubt. He states, for example, that you should not pretend to doubt anythinf you do not doubt in your heart. (This is, of course,pointed against Descartes.) - But 'heart' here does not act here as a MERE figure of speech.

The more poignant issue here is, that the very division ontology - epistemology is a modern invention, establised as a dichotomy, and used as a dichotomy.

If matter is viewed as effeminate mind, no such dichotomy applies (but to a limited degree).

I agree in that CSP took up 'epistemological' issues in Neglegted Argument.

But to my view a soul should not be viewed as an individual entity, it its essence. - If a person is (essentially) a bundle of habits (according to CSP), then these habits do not die, not at least altogether and suddenly, when somobodys bodilily functions, like heartbeat, cease.

Being has to do with consistent effects, individual existence is a different issue.

Best, Kirsti