If we want to know what Peirce meant by “objective idealism,” we should consult
his entry on “idealism” in the Century Dictionary (which is online), where it
is listed as one variety of idealism; and we should acknowledge that he took
the term from Schelling. It’s summed up this way in W8 (391-2):

[[ In CD 2974, Peirce described objective idealism as ‘the doctrine of F.W.J.
von Schelling, that the relation between the subject and object of thought is
one of absolute identity. It supposes that all things exist in the absolute
reason, that matter is extinct mind, and that the laws of physics are the same
as those of mental representations.’ In a draft of his 1893 ‘Reply to the
Necessitarians,’ Peirce made the following confession (R 958: 203): ‘I frankly
pigeon-hole myself as a modified Schellingian, or New England
transcendentalist.’ ]]

We should also take into account his insistence (later expressed in his “Ethics
of Terminology”) that a technical term, once defined by its originator, should
not be used to mean something else. Also the fact that he rarely (if ever) used
the term after 1892.

Gary f.