All through this, it seems to me that no form of logic can be tied to one
or two or three. If all thought is signs getting into specifying where they
are is impossible since they are everywhere.I see Peirce as an ethicist and
aesthetician who never got to the logical conclusion of how the
pragmaticist maxim would play out in the world. But he knew that he was
onto something and that it is not what Aristotle had in mind exactly.

amazon.com/author/stephenrose