Concluding Lowell Lecture 3,
https://fromthepage.com/jeffdown1/c-s-peirce-manuscripts/ms-464-465-1903-low
ell-lecture-iii-3rd-draught/display/13944

[CP 1.544] The method [the "system of questions" in the preceding paragraph]
has a general similarity to Hegel's. It would be historically false to call
it a modification of Hegel's. It was brought into being by the study of
Kant's categories and not Hegel's. Hegel's method has the defect of not
working at all if you think with too great exactitude. Moreover, it presents
no such definite question to the mind as this method does. This method works
better the finer and more accurate the thought. The subtlest mind cannot get
the best possible results from it; but a mind of very moderate skill can
make better analyses by this method than the same mind could obtain without
it, by far.

Analyses apparently conflicting may be obtained by this method by different
minds, owing to the impossibility of conforming strictly to the
requirements. But it does not follow that the results are utterly wrong.
They will be two imperfect analyses, each getting a part of the truth.

With this preface let us go on to the division of representamens,
remembering that it is as impossible in a lecture to exhibit really fine and
precise work of thought as it would be to exhibit before an audience
experiments such as are used in researches.

GF Note: The manuscript ends here and does not "go on to the division of
representamens." Perhaps there is a manuscript book missing here, or perhaps
Peirce decided not to present his classification of signs in a lecture, but
wrote it up for the Syllabus instead ("Nomenclature and Divisions of Triadic
Relations", CP 2.233-72, EP2:289-99), which is the main source text for his
tenfold classification of signs.

As I mentioned before, there is more in the manuscript than I have posted to
the list, and we'll take a week or so to allow for comments and questions on
that material before I start posting Lowell 4. Follow the link below for the
whole manuscript, which has the unposted parts at the end.

http://gnusystems.ca/Lowell3.htm }{ Peirce's Lowell Lectures of 1903