Edwina, List:

I still think that the IO-R-II triad is within the *Sign*, not necessarily
within the bird (Receiver), but we can set that disagreement aside for
now.  More to the point--in your view, does semiosis *only *take place
within the bird?  Is there no *other *semiosis going on, in which the loud
sound plays the role of the Representamen?

How can the Representamen be classified as *general *(Legisign or Type) in
a scenario where an *individual *sound leads an *individual *bird to
the *individual
*action of flight?  I thought you were saying in your previous post that it
is a Rhematic Indexical Sinsign, which makes much more sense to me.

Regards,

Jon S.