Edwina, List:

Analyzing the various "Signs within Signs" might be unavoidable eventually,
especially if we end up going down the road of defining Dicisigns (i.e.,
natural propositions) as "complete Signs" and all other classes (except
Arguments) as "incomplete Signs."  However, right now it just muddies the
waters further from my standpoint.

Your last statement, "Mind exists *within *matter," is problematic for me,
because it maintains a distinction where Peirce insisted on
continuity--"matter *is *effete mind."  That is yet another can of worms
that we probably should not reopen right now.

Thanks,

Jon S.