Edwina, List:

Peirce explicitly associated the conclusion of an Argument with its
Interpretant--e.g., "An *Argument *is a sign which distinctly represents
the Interpretant, called its *Conclusion*, which it is intended to
determine" (CP 2.95; 1902).  Just curious--is there any text where he
similarly associated the Representamen with the major premiss and/or the
Object with the minor premiss?  Or is that just your own illustrative
example?

Thanks,