Jon, list,

You said:

On the contrary--those would be ten different Interpretants of the same
Representamen. :-)

I am sure you are right since you are now looking at the cartoon and not
*vase*.

A *Representamen* can be considered from *three formal points of view*,
namely, first, as the substance of the representation, or the *Vehicle* of
the *Meaning*, which is common to the three representamens of the triad,
second, as the quasi-agent in the representation, conformity to which makes
its *Truth*, that is, as the *Natural Object*, and third, as the
quasi-patient in the representation, or that which modification in the
representation makes its *Intelligence*, and this may be called the
*Interpretant*. Thus, *in looking at a map, the map itself is the Vehicle*,
the country represented is the *Natural Object*, and the idea excited in
the mind is the *Interpretant*.