Dear All:

A quarter of a century ago (December 1993), several of the subjects of this
discussion thread (either explicit, implied, or merely mentioned) were
rather eloquently addressed in an article in *First Things*, "Discovering
the American Aristotle," by Edward T. Oakes:

https://www.firstthings.com/article/1993/12/003-discovering-the-american-aristotle

*Ben Novak*
5129 Taylor Drive, Ave Maria, FL 34142
Telephone: (814) 808-5702
Mobile: (814) 424-8501

*"All art is mortal, **not merely the individual artifacts, but the arts
themselves.* *One day the last portrait of Rembrandt* *and the last bar of
Mozart will have ceased to be—**though possibly a colored canvas and a
sheet of notes may remain—**because the last eye and the last ear
accessible to their message **will have gone." *Oswald Spengler