Hi Soren... Interesting. Peirce uses the word flummery in ref. to Hegel.
Who has examined Peirce in relation to logical positivism? He missed it
didn't he? As to finding a basis for empirically showing the impact of
ontological terms, it seems to me that the Symbol in the triad Icon(Sign)
Index Symbol amounts to a sort of laboratory for the testing of such
things. I would love to design such a study based on Peirce's understanding
of the power and ubiquity of memorial maxims.

amazon.com/author/stephenrose