Michael, List,

The U.S. Supreme Court is the Interpretive Branch of the U.S. Government
and the phenomenon we have witnessed since the turn of the millennium is
that powerful enough special interest groups can purchase their preferred
interpretations of a written constitution of laws and have their agenda
enforced -- if they have enough money and exert their power at the right
points of leverage in the Executive and Legislative Branches.  That is a
distortion of the whole idea of a democratic republic but it is one U.S.
citizens will have to address while they still have the power to do so.

So I see this issue as a symptom of a much more general dysfunction
of government that the mere issue of rights that may or may not be
guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment.

Here is one take on the Bigger Picture I wrote out a few years back:

The Place Where Three Wars Meet
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2012/06/21/the-place-where-three-wars-meet/

Regards,

Jon