Hi Edwina, Jon,

I have changed the subject line. It would not bother me if this is the only item on the thread.

Somehow, again, you two go hammer-and-tongs at one another. Edwina, you know as well as any of us how closely Peirce tied semiosis to logic. Jon, you will cite stanza and verse but also know well that form-matter-entelchy is but one of scores of trichotomous relations using the universal categories that Peirce put forward.

Let's consider the entire world of Peirce aficionados, past and present. There is a reason both of you study and feel so passionately about Peirce. I humbly suggest that intersection of interests is a more practical domain of inquiry than trying to find where your interpretations differ.

Just saying.

I know I have not been contributing much myself to the list recently. I hope to be a more positive contributor going forward.

Best, Mike