There is no necessity to use traditional metaphysical language to
substantiate what Jon has suggested. Stephen asks interesting questions. I
submit that we render to Mystery the inference that there is a reason for
all that is and that we are not wrong to assume that intelligence is
involved. In other words, it makes sense to let go of a notion of
metaphysics as separate from everything else and to let go of the premise
that we need to give a wider berth to mystery in our representations than
we have been willing to do.

amazon.com/author/stephenrose