Mike, List:

MB:  We could say that the phrase 'triadic action' approaches being a
technical term, and we cannot deny that Peirce used it ...

No one is denying that Peirce used it; on the contrary, I quoted the (only)
two specific passages where he did so, and then offered my interpretation
of them.  "Triadic action" is dyadic action undertaken for a *purpose*,
governed by a *law*, or occurring in a *medium*.  The purpose, law, or
medium is the element of 3ns; the actions themselves, and the Existents
participating in them, are elements of 2ns.  An Instance of a Sign--i.e.,
an event of concrete semiosis--is likewise a "triadic action" in the sense
that the production of an *individual *Dynamic Interpretant by an *individual
*Sign-Replica is governed by the *genuine *triadic relation between the
Dynamic Object, Sign, and Final Interpretant.

MB:  Not to mention other references to mediating action which are not
specifically labeled 'triadic action,' which I am sure number many more
than two references.

Unlike "triadic action," the term "mediating action" does not appear in CP
or EP *at all*.  If there are specific passages where Peirce used the word
*action *to describe mediation, I would be glad to review and consider them.

MB:  Picking and choosing which Peirce quotes to insist are the absolute
truth while denying the clear language of other quotes is not a good way to
advance scholarly discussion.

If I have been guilty of this, I would sincerely appreciate being shown
where.  At least I routinely *provide* Peirce quotes as purported warrant
for my claims, rather than simply making bare assertions.