My sense of things has changed as I have delved more deep;y into thinking
related to Idealism and quantum matters. I think Peirce was a realist
trapped in a realist's body as it were. I think there is enough cogency in
idealism to require that it be honored as at least worthy of being unified
with realism and subjected to criteria drawn from triadic thinking --
explicitly thought based on the acknowledgement of the fundamental place of
consciousness. This seems to me consistent with Einsteins understanding of
time and with the premises that underlie quantum thinking that suggest
information as the basic stuff of the universe.  I have no idea whether
there is anything in Peirce that suggests he inclined in these directions,
but I do feel that since its inception Triadic Philosophy whatever it is
has been aimed in this way. Best, S