Cf: Mathematical Method ??? Discussion 7
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2020/08/15/mathematical-method-discussion-7/

Re: Ontolog Forum
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/ontolog-forum/7_sx3_4khCE/overview
::: Alex Shkotin
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ontolog-forum/7_sx3_4khCE/Ghv4VGbKBgAJ

Dear Alex,

You raised the following point:

AS: One important usage of a sign is as an element of a language,
    especially a formal one, i.e. with a formal grammar.

For context you cited a standard definition of a formal language
with a formal grammar (Aho and Ullman 1972).

Viewed from the standpoint of pragmatic semiotics, where
a sign relation L is a structure of the form L ??? O ?? S ?? I,
we are starting out on pretty much the same page, since I'm
always thinking of a sign s as an element of a sign domain S
and I'm mainly interested in cases where the sign domain S is
a formal language with a formal grammar as defined above or
variants thereof.

That brings us to your question,
"What is the grammar of Peirce's language?",
which I will take up next time.

Regards,

Jon
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
► PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON 
PEIRCE-L to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected] . 
► To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message NOT to PEIRCE-L but to [email protected] 
with no subject, and with the sole line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of 
the message. More at http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .
► PEIRCE-L is owned by THE PEIRCE GROUP;  moderated by Gary Richmond;  and 
co-managed by him and Ben Udell.

Reply via email to