Cf: Animated Logical Graphs • 81
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2021/08/26/animated-logical-graphs-81/

Re: R.J. Lipton and K.W. Regan • A Negative Comment On Negations
https://rjlipton.wpcomstaging.com/2021/08/24/a-negative-comment-on-negations/

Minsky and Papert's “Perceptrons” was the work that nudged me over the
limen from gestalt psychology, psychophysics, relational biology, etc.
and made me believe AI could fly.  I later found out a lot of people
thought it had thrown cold water on the subject but that was not
my sense of it.

The real reason Rosenblatt's perceptrons short-shrift XOR and EQ among the
sixteen boolean functions on two variables is the adoption of a particular
role for neurons in the activity of the brain and a particular model of how
neurons serve computation, namely, as threshold activation devices.  It is
as if we tried to do mathematics using only the inequality “ ≤ ” instead of
using equations.  Sure, you can circumlocute it, but why?  Of course, x ≤ y
for boolean variables x, y is equivalent to x ⇒ y so this fits right in with
the weakness of implicational inference compared to equational inference rules.

But there are other models for the role neurons play in the
activity of the brain and the work they do in computation.

Regards,

Jon