Continuing our slow read on phaneroscopy, here is the next slide of André De
Tienne’s slideshow posted on the Peirce Edition Project (iupui.edu)
<https://peirce.iupui.edu/publications.html#presentations>  site. 8.
Phaneroscopy's role and relevance for any inquiry

Gary f.

Text:

•          As Vincent Colapietro repeats tirelessly, the categories “guide and
goad inquiry.” They guide and goad every philosophical science, but especially
phaneroscopy because phaneroscopy actually initiates, knowingly or unknowingly,
the very process of inquiry itself.

•          All it takes to engage in phaneroscopy is for us to start looking
anew or afresh at anything, puzzling or not, as though one had never seen it
before, as though one had never adopted any habit of looking at it, as though
we were a naïve but enormously inquisitive and curious child.