Le 17/10/2021 à 16:11, Robert Marty a écrit :
Cher Bernard, vous écrivez :
"I think that the content and purpose of Phaneroscopy needs to be cleared up independently of the question of classification of sciences. On the contrary what has been suggested is to find a place for an unknown thing into a pretty trichotomy a priori derived from the logic of the categories." then my question is: does this "a priori trichotomy derived from the logic of the categories" fall from the sky or rather from the mathematical repository with 1- the triadic reduction theorem of the relational structures; 2- a Poset 3-->2-->1 which is the form of the phaneroscopic categories incorporating their interdependence relationship; all in the well of the truth?
Bien cordialement,
RM

Thanks Robert,

You know that I think that the logic of the categories takes it reality into the very mathematical organization that defines it. So my answers to your question 1 and 2 are YES for both.

Yet I wrote the phrase you are quoting a little bit quickly.

I wanted to underline that to force the description of Phaneroscopy to obey a preconceived (and hypothetical) classification of sciences is taking the problem the wrong way round (like the discussion on the list seems to have shown)

To have ready at hand a formal structure is one thing but using it in situation is another one. If a metaphor is allowed here, having at disposal a skeleton is necessary but to transform it into Frankenstein is a challenge.

I always feel uneasy with the word "applied" even if it is used to qualify "semiotics" itself.

Amitiés

Bernard