Dear Colleague,

You are invited to participate in the next session of the Logic and Religion
Webinar Series which will be held on August 18, 2022, at 4pm CET with the topic:

Mathematical Models in Theology: Are They Helpful?
Speaker Stanisław
Krajewski<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Krajewski> (University
of Warsaw, Poland).
Chair: Ali Sadegh Daghighi<https://alidaghighi.org/> (Institute for
Interdisciplinary Research in Fundamental Sciences, Iran).

 Please register in advance!
https://www.logicandreligion.com/webinars

Abstract: We will begin by reviewing some mathematical illustrations of
religious concepts, both old, for example by Cusanus, and a few new
mathematical models in theology. The problem is how helpful they are. They can
illustrate ideas, but remain metaphorical pictures assisting our imagination
and attempts to deal with paradoxical situations. The deeper problem is whether
they can model divine realms in a way that would suggest new insights as it is
possible in the case of math models in natural sciences.

Join us 5 minutes prior to the beginning of the session!

With best wishes,

--
Francisco de Assis Mariano
The University of Missouri-Columbia