Dear List members,

obviously there are two kinds of vibration: Acoustic vibration deserves a
substance like air to have it vibrated, but electromagnetic vibration doesn´t,
it delivers its own means to do so (vibrate). Before this was clear, people
thought, that electromagnetic vibration (e.g. light) deserved a so-called
"Ether". But this concept is long refuted.

Now, are time and space a kind of ether? A divine clock ticking, a divine
measure tape of meters or parsecs applied to the world? Or is time produced by
events, and is space produced by matter? I think, Mach suspected so.

Does the world consist of just and only signs? Or rather of objects, and the
signs merely denote them? Are just correlates?

Like with the two kinds of vibration, I see two quasi-tribal  modes of
interpretation of reality. One tribe says, that reality is a field we all have
to obey, and compete against each other, following the field´s rules. The other
tribe says, that we, each individual, constructs the reality, and that it is
possible to abandon the fight, and start creating a better world.

Now the paradoxon is, that these are two tribes, that fight against each other.
This fight applies to the logic of the first tribe only. What now can the
second tribe do to solve this paradoxon, or problem, and win in the end?
Anybody got a proposal?

Best, Helmut