Alex,

Formally defined existential graphs (EGs) and conceptual graphs (CGs) are
precisely defined mathematical notations.  In fact, CGIF (Conceptual Graph
Interchange Format) is defined as an ISO standard representation of Common
Logic.   Therefore, any  or all notations of the Semantic Web can be expressed
in terms of CGs.

Furthermore, Peirce's EGs are formally equivalent to the Core subset of Common
Logic.  Therefore, anything specified in Common Logic can be mapped to a subset
of CGIF, which I sometimes call EGIF.  But I now prefer a simpler notation
called CLIP, which can be translated to and from EGIF or CGIF.

However, Peirce began to define an extended version of EGs, which he called
Delta graphs.  Unfortunately, he had an accident for which the physician
treated him with so much morphine that he was unable to do any serious work for
six months.  After that he was dying from cancer.   But his various writings in
the last few years of his life indicate what he planned to do with those
extended graphs.  From the hints he wrote, I specified an extension I call
Generalized EGs (GEGs).

These GEGs can include arbitrary images (even continuous images) as parts.
Your examples could be represented as GEGs.  But the kinds of images they
contain might include arbitrarily complex continuous fragments, which would
require an uncountable amount of math to specify.

And thanks for the citation of the article:  Images, diagrams, and metaphors:
Hypoicons in the context of Peirce’s sixty-six fold classification of signs*
PRISCILA FARIAS and JOA˜ O QUEIROZ Images, diagrams, and metaphors: Hypoicons
in the context of Peirce’s sixty-six fold classification of signs* PRISCILA
FARIAS and JOA˜ O QUEIROZ

I haven't had a chance to read it in detail, but it looks like something I
should cite in my article.

From: "Alex Shkotin" <alex.shko...@gmail.com>

Hypoicons are impressive:

https://philarchive.org/archive/FARIDA