Hi Edwina, Helmut, List,

I would like to hear you expand, Edwina, on what you mean about the 'idexicality of locality'. And, speaking of entropy, here is another possible link to the universal categories.

flash (of light) [1ns] - energy [2ns] - information [3ns]

I've been toying with this thought for quite a few years. Peirce's cosmogony begins with a flash (significantly a reference to light). I don't know if 'flash' is the right analog in Firstness, since both quantum mechanics and the nature of energy can arguably be better traced to the ideas of harmonic oscillators. Still, there is something pregnant in that nexus . . . .

For decades there has been confusion and controversy about entropy in the sense of thermodynamics and its relation to Shannon (information) entropy. It strikes me that recasting these in terms of Peircean Secondness (energy) and Thirdness (information) brings sense to the conundrum. Both apply; it is more a matter of contextual interpretation.

What say the list?

Thanks!

Best, Mike