I just now added the transcription of the 1909 definition of a sign in the
Logic Notebook -- pages MS 339.663f -- to the copies of the MS pages

http://members.door.net/arisbe/menu/library/rsources/mspages/ms339d-663f.pdf

It reads better than the version I posted to the list a couple of days ago
because the pdf format can exactly duplicate Word format in a way that HTML
format cannot, and that enabled me to show the cross-outs as actually
crossed out though still legible.  Also, this on-line version is more
complete, as I transcribed material that I had omitted in the version posted
for the reason I gave in that post, namely, because the additional material
primarily concerns the question of whether one can know that one knows
something (which is something that arises in the context of fallibilism),
rather than the topic I was primarily concerned with when I posted it,
namely, the conception of a sign as a substitute or surrogate for the
object.

Joe Ransdell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]