From: Joseph Ransdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Peirce Discussion Forum <peirce-l@lyris.ttu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 3:29:14 PM
Subject: [peirce-l] Death of Arnold Shepperson

John and Gary:

As you suggested, Gary, I have made the paper by Arnold  on safety and the logic of hazard -- which is an application of Peirce's economy of research -- available at  ARISBE,  on the page for Peirce-related  papers. The URL for that is:

http://members.door.net/arisbe/menu/library/aboutcsp/shepperson/safety.pdf

I discovered, though, that the link for the paper he did with Tomaselli, on cinematic consciousness., does not work, apparently because it is on a page on the website for the Journal of South African and American Studies called Safundi that has restricted access: the link merely leads to the home page of that journal (which looks like an excellent journal, by the way).  I wonder if John, or somebody who knows Keyan Tomaselli could find out about making that available without restriction somehow.  I could mount a copy of it at ARISBE, for example, or it could appear on somebody else's website to which I am given a URL that I can use.

Arnold  also did a transcription of a Peirce MS which I have a copy of .  I don't know what plans he had for that but I am sure he would like to make it generally available.   I forget the number of the MS at the moment but I can find the transcription, I am sure, and will mount that on the web page for Peirce's own work after checking it over to see if it needs any tweaking.  I will be pleased to post anything else which he did which anyone thinks he would like to see made generally available in this way.

Joe Ransdell

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
Message from peirce-l forum to subscriber [EMAIL PROTECTED]