ok, my question has partially resolved becouse now I know is needed

    $ifd0->addEntry($comment);
after
    $comment = new PelEntryUserComment();
    $comment->setValue('Edited by PEL');

but I have a different problem:
I can only edit the field UserComment when it is empty and passed value is
not recognized by editor like acdsee or Exif Pilot Pro.

is it a known matter? or I mistake in substantial way to write pel php
commands?

//-------------------------------------------------

MY PRECEDENT QUESTION:

Hi,
I'm trying to write UserComment but pel don't do it..
this is my php code

//-------------------------------------------------

$img = 'my_images_path';
require_once('pel/PelJpeg.php');
$jpeg = new PelJpeg($img);
$ifd0 = $jpeg->getExif()->getTiff()->getIfd();
$artist = $ifd0->getEntry(PelTag::ARTIST);
$artist->setValue('Edited by PEL');
$comment = new PelEntryUserComment();
$comment->setValue('Edited by PEL');
file_put_contents($img, $jpeg->getBytes());

with this code I write Artist Information but no UserComment... WHY?
What I'm missing ??

thanks.