How can a system that has transformed the world utterly, whether you
measure from the fourteenth century or the eighteenth or even 1945, that
barrels on ahead, grabbing new territories and peoples into its hold day
by day, be said to be in crisis, whether from the beginning or over the
last 20-30 years? It may do immense social and natural damage, but is that
crisis? Or just the normal operation of a frightfully dynamic thing?

Doug

Doug Henwood [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Left Business Observer
212-874-4020 (voice)