Every day I am deluged with ads for Obsession perfume anorexic model),
Lysol antibacterial soap (phony germs), and Guess jeans (half-naked women,
fully clothed men).  Frankly, it is a delight to see an ad for a book I
actually want to read, by one of my favorite Pen-Lers, that has real use
value (but apparently no exchange value, since Doug didn't give us the
price).  I vote for more book ads by Pen-L authors.  (In the interests of
full disclosure, I must admit that I am one of those authors.)

On another note, how are Pen-Lers coping with depression and anger today,
as we exercise our freedom to vote for the marginally lesser evil? The
thought of Jesse Helms as chair of the Senate Foreign Relations committee
is so nauseating that I'm having trouble thinking of anything else.  Here
in Pennsylvania, we are about to give you Rick Santorum in the Senate,
someone who combines the worst characteristics of Gingrich, Huffington,
Helms, and Thurmond.   Cheers.

Teresa

Teresa Amott
Dept. of Economics