I'm highly influenced by being midstream in a piece I'm working on about
New Zealand and what I'm putting into my conclusion. I think it's
important to engage in intellectual debate, but agree with MMeeropol (aka
gramps) that we stand at a watershed event.  Those who have the skills to
respond to the venom and evil that is being sold in this country and
around the world about everything we hold dear have a responsibility not
to be silent.  It's so hard - the media seem closed to the Left.  You
have to work twice as hard - 10 times as hard to be heard - but the time
is now.

A major reason Kiwis bought into the New Zealand Business Roundtable's
explanation of problems and agenda for change is because those who had
the ability to learn the truth and counter the lies did nothing.

Ellen J. Dannin
California Western School of Law
225 Cedar Street
San Diego, CA  92101