I have almost finished my presentation on the Contract On America for
our local Institute for labor Education and Research.  It focuses primarily
on HR-9, which is the capital gains tax cut and the attack on the
regulatory process.  If anyone wants a copy, let me know.  It is nothing
original but it does bring together info from several sources.

I have one last question.  A couple of years ago, Patricia Ruggles wrote
a monograph for the Urban Institute on changing the poverty line.  One of
the points she made was that the basic food budget should now be multiplied
by four, rather than three, to get a minimal poverty line.  Using the
current poverty line, the poverty rate is 15.1%  Does anyone know with
certainty what it would be if we used Ruggles' alternative measure?

Thanks,
Doug Orr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]