Treacy: Some behaviors are "hardwired" because they confer survival
        advantages on a species.  E.O. Wilson notes that social species
        such as bees, ants, and mankind engage in cooperative behavior
        because it helps the species survive.

        Social questions may raise social policy issues but if they do not
        recognize that some behavior is instinctual and therefore not
        suscepible to quick modification.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] COPYRIGHTED