Dear Penners:  I'm sending something "text only" -- it will have no title.
It is an edited version of a speech Clinton gave to some university/college
organization on Feb. 7.  It's got some of his "analysis" of what's going on
in the US today and the role of higher education in "solving" it.  It also
has some nasty editorial comments by me.  If you think you'll be bored just
delete it without a second's thought.  I hope some people find reading the
exact words he uses as he formulates his position useful.  If not, well, not
much time lost!
--
Mike Meeropol
Economics Department