I sent out the following request about a month ago and got no response.  I'm
thinking it never went thru, so I am trying again.
I am hoping our friends in OZ can answer a question. In macro, I was doing the
standard rap on how the measure of GDP ignores HH production and one of my
students raised an interesting point.  She has a sister who lives in OZ,
and she claims her sister receives a pmt from the gov't to stay home and
take care of her kids.

Is this really true?  If so, since the gov't is apparently putting a dollar
value on raising the kids, are these pmts included in the measured GDP?

Doug Orr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]