>On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Mine Aysen Doyran wrote:

>>the socio-biological claim that people differ because they differ
>>genetically is called RACISM, which is what Wilson does eventually.

>This is the crux of the matter. If one supposes that culture is
>determined
>by genes, then one is left explaining cultural differences in terms of
>genetic differences. Different cultures, different people. If you claim
>that there are different types of people, you are making a racist
>argument.

>Andrew

this is *exactly* Wilson! finally somebody has attempted to challenge
socio-biology. i appreciate your contribution Andy!! where have
you been lately?

My problem is that why is this person popular among leftists so much given
that he is a self-proclaimed anti-marxist. What makes Wilson so
attractive and appealing to some people? and why? this the heart of the
matter that seems worth looking at. why are the marxists critical of
socio-biology are minority in every forum i have been to, and forced to
declare their own scientific status? I get from your reading that there
are "fundamental" problems with socio-biology? so one can not be, in
principle, progressive and socio-biologist? am i right?

Mine