>At 02:30 PM 4/24/00 -0400, you wrote:
>>i did *not* mean by "originality"  "creativity"  or "cleverness". I
>meant
>>that Krugman "repeats" his free market dogma... the "unoriginality" he
>>rediscovered before he became a pundit!

>I think that it's unfair to dub PK a practitioner of "free market dogma,"
>since he's a technocratic type.

Unfairness? I am not quite sure. Almost all the technocrats I am aware of
are "closet" free marketeers, either preaching "state regulated
capitalism" to make sure market works or openly admitting the inherent
justness of the market ("market is good but elites politicize it"
rhetoric). Both types are capitalists. They are just differently
capitalist.  i don't think a technocrat would have a problem with free
market in so far as elites intervene to secure capitalism.

Mine, Aysen