Once again I took it for granted everyone knew it was only Vol. II which
Marx offered to Darwin. On boredom, I would add it is not something
which we experience during tedious work only, but when we have
"nothing to do". It is also a time when we do more than we realize;
in the broken bits of thought we have, we are actually thinking about
new possibilities, or trying to resolve issues/difficulties. So
boredom is good for you; it is also an alternative to the "do it"
mentality of our society.