At 9:07 AM 10/23/96, Thad Williamson wrote:

>Can anyone direct me to existing proposals to reform, reconstitute,
>restructure, abolish, etc., the Federal Reserve System?

Bob Pollin, are you here? See Gary Dymski, Gerald Epstein, and Robert
Pollin, Transforming the U.S. Financial System (ME Sharpe for EPI).

>Is this something taken up in your new book, Doug?

Only a bit. I think the Fed is so deeply embedded in a larger financial
system that you can only go so far with this sort of thing. Central bank
"democratization" can work only if you're willing to take on rentier power
in general, which is an unimaginably difficult thing.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer