I realize this is a bit off the topics of the last few days, but I would
appreciate any help you could provide.

As part of the "liberal arts reform" at EWU, each department is being asked to
put together a brochure describing its discipline.  So our econ dept needs to
come up with something describing what econ is about, what economists do, and
why students might want to major in economics.  Since our dept contains three
heterodox members, our description will likely be somewhat different than
many other departments.

I am certain that other depts. around the country have already gone through
this exercise, so I am hoping you can share with me your insights.  If your
dept. has such a pamphlet that you are willing to share, please send it to
the address below.  If you don't have a pamphlet, but do have ideas to suggest,
please send them to my e-mail address.

Thanks in advance,

Doug Orr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]