Hello Michael,

We would be very interested in having you come to the Calif State
Polytechnic Univ., Pomona.  Unfortunately, our school is on the
quarter system and we don't start until late September.  I am
presently chair of the Faculty Senate, but next year I may be the
President of the local faculty union: Calif Faculty Assocn.  The Cal
State System has a _very_ unpopular working contract now and it comes
up for renewal in 1998.  We could furnish at least $100 for
transportation and you're welcome to stay with me for housing -- or
any of several others around here.  Pomona is about 40 miles from LA,
near the Claremont Colleges; Jim Devine has been out here speaking a
couple of years ago.  I'm an Institutionalist/Marxist, aging, with an
fbi file that goes back to the late 1950's.  If any of this is of
interest, and if it fits in with your schedule, let me know at any
time.  Speaking at our campus would probably be best in early
October, though we could see about late Sept.  My name and stuff is
below.  My home telephone is: 909-357-2881.  Good luck with your
trip.  Fraternally, Larry Shute  ps: if I can get more money I will.
===============================
Dear friends,

I will be on a leave from the first of May until the end of December.  I am
interested in moving around the country, meeting activists and perhaps speaking.
 I will be on the West Coast in September for sure.  I have given many talks to
college groups and union groups.  I know the most about labor-related issues, so
these are what I am most interested in talking about.  I also have done many
seminars with union groups on subjects ranging from collective bargaining to
labor law to labor economics.  For worker and community groups, I am happy to
speak for free (I just require a place to stay and something toward
transportation).  Should anyone be interested, I can provide a vita and video
and audio tapes.

in solidarity,

Michael Yates
Economics Dept.
Univ. of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Johnstown, PA 15904
814-269-2986
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Laurence Shute                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Department of Economics               Voice: 909.869.3850
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA  91768-4070  USA           FAX: 909.869.6987