Blair S wrote:

> But Jerry, considering that most people see capitalism as "natural,"
> indeed, the only way to fly, it seems to me that getting folks to see
> capitalism as "odd" may be a way to get them to asking questions about
> others of its characteristics.

For many, questioning the "oddities" of capitalism may lead them to the
further questioning of beliefs that are deemed by bourgeois ideology and
social institutions to be self-evident.

Yet, even the recognition that capitalism is not natural and is indeed
rather odd, does not by itself lead to a revolutionary critique. Indeed,
reformist agendas are often based on the recognition of "oddities" and the
need to make capitalism less odd. A revolutionary critique of capital, on
the other hand, suggests that what appears to be only the "odd" is a
manifestation of the inherent nature of capital and can not be reformed
away without surpassing the rule of capital.

Jerry