Justin, Marilyn Waring in NZ has written a book about the valuation of women's unpaid
work. Check the following WWW site.
http://www.massey.ac.nz/~KBirks/gender/econ/waring.htm

In the relatively new journal Feminist Economics Volume 1, Issue 1, Spring 1995,
you'll
find Becker's Theory of the Family: Preposterous Conclusions by Barbara Bergmann

Also Volume 1, Number 2 Summer 1995 has a paper entitled The Discovery of "Unpaid
Work":
The Social Consequences of the Expansion of "Work" by Susan Himmelweit
In Volume 2, you'll find a number of papers.

Counting Outputs, Capital Inputs and Caring Labor: Estimating Gross Household Product
Duncan Ironmonger

Unpaid Household Work and the Distribution of Extended Income: The Norwegian Experience
Iulie Aslaksen and Charlotte Koren

An Estimation of Time and Commodity Intensity in Unpaid Household Production
Iulie Aslaksen, Trude Fagerli, and Hanne A. Gravningsmyhr

Scenarios for a Redistribution of Unpaid Work in the Netherlands
Marga Bruyn-Hundt

Of Milk and Coca Cola Meena Acharya

Thou Shalt Not Live by Statistics Alone, but It Might Help
Lourdes Beneria

Measure it to Make it Count Robert Eisner

The Valuation of Unpaid Work at Statistics Canada Chris Jackson

Priorities for Research on Non-Market Work Duncan Ironmonger.

That lot should keep you going for some time!
Martin Watts

--
Martin Watts                    Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Economics         Office: (61) 49 215069 (Phone)