>CB: So many here are  holier than them Soviets.

I've never sent a bunch of troops to suppress the beginnings of democracy
in Czechoslovakia. In fact, I've never killed _anyone_. So I guess that I'm
holier than the Soviets, though not necessarily holier than thou.

BTW, it's wrong to blame "the Soviets." After all, it was only the top
leadership of the state-party bureaucracy that made the decisions to roll
the tanks in 1968. The people were not to blame, since they didn't choose
that leadership. (As Nathan might argue, we in the US are _more_
responsible for crimes like this (e.g., the recent terror-bombing of
Serbia) because we have a bit more say about who are our leaders are than
the Soviets did. Of course, Nathan would disagree about the parenthetical
example I chose.)

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://liberalarts.lmu.edu/~jdevine