Not only did Louis gracefully post Barbara Ehrenreich & Janet McIntosh's
"The New Creationism," but the NATION actually came before June. It's okay
as journalism goes (and as Doug knows, journalism has its limits). My main
problem for me is that it didn't give the PoMotistas a chance to defend
themselves. If they are such jerks, giving them voice in the NATION would
simply prove E & M's point.

(BTW, why did people on pen-l ignore McIntosh? I think co-authors are just
as important as each other, even if one doesn't have a Big Name.)

On the universality of war in humanity's history (which seems to be Barbara
E's assertion in her other work), it's important to note that in neolitihic
times ofttimes war was simply a symbolic matter, less violent than the
average football game. As Wojtek notes, "aggressive instincts" can be
expressed in many different ways.

-- Jim Devine