> WORLD BANK HEAD ISSUES CHALLENGE OF NEW AGENDA
>
> HONG KONG -- World Bank President James D. Wolfensohn has
> challenged governments and development agencies to join him in
> a new approach to narrow the gap between rich and poor, or
> invite a time bomb which "could explode in our children's faces".

Bless you for your Paul Revere number, Mr W, but, considering the
financially and politically august nature of your listeners,
I'd say it's distorted by something like temporal parallax.
Yes, I suppose someday that bomb will explode at Eton, Choate
and the Wharton School of Business, but I can show you middle class
neighborhoods already strewn with fragments and faceless corpses.

Once again the money changers get some religion only when
the temple threatens to slide off its foundation.

                                                       valis
                                                       Occupied America

   "Being right too soon is socially unacceptable."
                                                     -- Robert Heinlein