To all librarians working with the labor community!
                ---or with labor collections!

Nominations are being sought for the JOHN SESSIONS MEMORIAL AWARD.

        This award recognizes a library or library system which has made
significant efforts to work with the labor community and by so doing to
bring recognition to the community through the library of the history and
contribution of the labor movement to the development of this country.
Such efforts may include outreach projects to local labor unions;
establishment of, or significant expansion of, special labor collections;
initiation of programs of special interest to the labor community; or
other library activities that serve the labor community.

Nominations are due no later than December 31, 1997.  To receive an
application form, send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or write
to:
        Carol Krismann
        4900 Qualla Drive
        Boulder, CO  80303

or call me at 303-492-3194.  If you would like more information, contact
the above or you could call ALA/RUSA at 1-800-545-2433.

        Thanks you---I hope to hear from you.

                        Carol Krismann, Chair
                        John Sessions Memorial Award Committee