Forwarded message:
>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Jun 13 17:59 PDT 1997
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 20:53:40 -0400
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Bob Olsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MAI conference 7 Nov Toronto

 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Laura Cooper)
 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Date:Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:00:57 -0400
 Subject: C4LDforum-L: MAI-Clarke

 There is an article  in the June 15 issue of Catholic New Times
 (published at 80 Sackville St, Toronto 416-361-9874 or 1-800-320-4609)
 by Tony Clarke (of the Polaris Institute) whose book
 Silent Coup: Confronting the Big Business Takeover of Canada
 is due out momentarily.

 CNT has excerpted Appendix V of the book which gives (for me anyway)
 an easily readable account of MAI.

 On Nov 7-9 of this year the Polaris Insititue is planning a
 "Public Teach-In on Corporate Rule" to be held at UofT.  There will be
 international delegates. (I have no further info on this).

 Clark says in the article "What matters most is that people who opt for
 the local economy, for example, stay in creative interaction with people
 who are trying to get a new way to grip some of the levers of global power.
 We'll need each others' insights, and we'll need to have some shared
 strategy.  There's lots of room for different approaches.  Finding new
 ways to restore citizen-led democracy will take all of us."

 Laura Cooper

 Bob Olsen     Toronto     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ]:-)