> From: Ajit Sinha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I think you are trying to find an easy way out for Marx. Marx's writing
on
> India is definitely problematic. After saying things like,

I don't know what "easy way out" means.  Marx himself describes his
intentions in a letter to Engels.

I have elaborated on this subject elsewhere, as I said before.  I will
refrain from posting more text since I suspect that this subject might be
without much interest on pen-l.

   Your article on Switzerland was of course an indirect smack at the
leading articles in the Tribune (against centralisation, etc.), and its
Carey.  I have continued this hidden warfare in my first article on
India, in which the destruction of the native industry by England is
described as revolutionary.  This will be very shocking to them.  [Marx
to Engels, 14 June 1853; in Marx and Engels 1975, pp. 78-80]

----
Michael Perelman
Economics Department
California State University