wojtek sokolowski:
>I am not trying to deny, in any way, the progress revolutionary changes in
>Eastern Europe or Cuba brought to improve the general human conditions in
>those backward and exploited countries.  But improving the material living
>conditions of the people, a noble end in itself, is not the same as
>breaking away with capitalism; for capitalism also does that.

Capitalism does not improve the material living conditions of the people.
It reduces it, except in imperialist nations. The improvements there are a
function of worsening conditions in places like Cuba, the former Soviet
Union and elsewhere. The notion that capitalism is beneficial is false and
owes much to a vulgar reading of Marxism that the Second International and
the analytical Marxists have helped to propagate.

Louis Proyect