David Andrews, being so modest, send me this note privately. And I'm
putting this on the net without his permission. I hope he is not mad at me
for this.

>Dear Ajit,
>
>Generally I'm not one to blow my own horn, but I have a piece called
>"Nothing is hidden: A Wittgensteinian interpretation of Sraffa" in the
>Cambridge Journal of Economics (vol. 20, no. 6, November 1996, pp. 763-777).
>It might possibly be useful for you and in any case I would be very
>interested to know what you think of it.
>
>Best regards,
>
>David
_______________

I have read your paper at least three times, and I think it is a great
paper with a lot of interesting insights. For a long time I have been
thinking about something which your paper foreshadows. I think there is on
purpose no process analysis in Sraffa. Though Sraffa's prices are
compatible with the classical notion of gravitational points, there is no
mention of gravitational attraction in his writings. So it will be
incorrect to say that Sraffian prices are "equilibrium prices" or "stable"
prices etc. I intend to develop this theme in the context of
Garegnani-Robinson debate. I also think that the idea that "nothing is
hidden" and Sraffa's insistence on "objectivity" must be further explored.
You give a very interesting and insightful spin to Keynes's well known
statement about Sraffa that "from whom nothing is hid". I liked that a lot!
Cheers, ajit sinha